annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

A person owes me money & I would like his social security

Customer Question

a person owes me money & I would like his social security number
Category: Social Security
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 year ago.
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. Unfortunately, there is no way for one person to get another person's SS# ***** either asking them for it, or having some sort of document that requires their SS#, such as an agreement in writing for them to re-pay the loan to you, with the person's name & SS#. You can, however, write off the $ amount they owe you as a "non business" bad debt if you have been unable to collect on the money they owe you. Please see below:https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc453.html If this answer has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge Thank you for choosing justanwser.