LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I AM 60 YEARS OLD ON SSI DISORDER LAST

Customer Question

I AM 60 YEARS OLD ON SSI FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS. CAN I SWITCH TO 75% OF MY SOCIAL SECURITY AT 62 SO I CAN RETIRE OVERSEAS. SSI WONT LET ME LEAVE USA TERRITORIES FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS. I CANT AFFORD TO LIVE IN CALIFORNIA ON $890 A MONTH CURRENTLY. CAN I MOVE TO PHILIPPINES TO RETIRE AT 62?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can you email your detailed answer to***@******.***? Exactly how much will Irecieve monthly and can Iretire in Costa Rica ,Mexico, Thailand Philippines etc?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Yes, you may absolutely retire at 62 and collect 75% of your full retirement age social security benefit. If you currently live in the United States you can see your estimated retirement benefit online.:1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ And of course, you may relocate outside the US and still collect your social security benefit. You cannot move to a few countries and collect social security though---such as Cuba, North Korea, Iran and the countries that we don't do business with. But countries likeCosta Rica, Mexico, Thailand and the Philippines are all okay to relocate to and collect your benefits. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good evening,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug