LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

My wife is scheduled to start SS on July 1. However our mortgage

Customer Question

My wife is scheduled to start SS on July 1. However our mortgage company needs her awards letter asap (like next week) in order to approve our loan. How can we get the SSA to provide us a verification letter prior to its usual schedule which would be sometime in June?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Your wife can get a benefit letter in several different ways:She may get a benefit letter online using “my Social Security”account. If she doesn't already have an account, she can create one online. She can open her own social security online account and see her earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, benefit letter and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-***-***-****and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug