dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am on disability from my work and social security. I receive

Customer Question

I am on disability from my work and social security. I receive $ 680.00 for my child and $ 1349.00 for my benefit from S.S. and 330.00 from my employee long term policy.
my question is without divorce papers Sun life will not kick in the extra money that the policy states I will receive once they receive copy of the divorce papers.
Am I in trouble with social security ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post. Why do you think that you would get in trouble with Social Security?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
because we are still married and she has not changed the payee to herself.
I am sorry, but I still do not understand your post. Kindly review your initial post, edit, add more information, and resubmit. I cannot answer your question if I do not have a clear understanding of what is going on. Thank you for your cooperation
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am using that money to pay for car insurance, and keep us from going bankrupt. I have our house sold.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
OK, I think you are saying the following, but please correct me if I am misunderstanding: 1) You are separated from your spouse, but not divorced.2) You receive both your own SS benefit and that of your child, who has dependent benefits based on your disability, but your child does not live with you.3) You are wondering if you will get in trouble because the Representative Payee has not been changed to your ex, who lives with the child. Does the above sum up what you would like to know about the SS situation?