LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

WHAT SHOULD WE DO TO SAVE OUR SS I'm 80 and my wife is

Customer Question

WHAT SHOULD WE DO TO SAVE OUR SS I'm 80 and my wife is 85.
Thank You
***** *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Jack,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You don't need to save your social security. Your social security benefit are not going to be decreased and the recent legal changes will have absolutely no effect on your continuing benefits. You and your wife's social security benefit are safe and they are not going to change. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some letters that we need to go to the SS office before April 30th
thank you
jack
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jack, There is NO NEED to go to social security. The letters you have are essentially scams. The changes in the laws taking effect May 1, 2016 do not effect people over 70 who are already taking social security. Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.I wish you well,Doug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still not sure but I will go to the SS office Monday morning any way to make sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you for your answer but I'm not conventced
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.Thanks in advance.I wish you the best,Doug