dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

My husband was on disability when he died, I had to go on disability

Customer Question

My husband was on disability when he died, I had to go on disability around that time. I'm 64 now, will there be any changes when I reach 65? I make a little less than $2000/mo. I really have to stretch my money out to pay bills, buy meds pay Drs and taxes. Will I always get the same amount? Will I ever get a raise? I can't work to supplement my income and I need answers and help. Is Obama going to take it away or decrease it. Please help ease my mind, thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Patty,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. As between you and your husband, which of you was receiving the greater social security benefit?2. How long have you been on disability?Doug