Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986

How do I receive more SS Benefits? Facebook says we are loosing

Customer Question

How do I receive more SS Benefits? Facebook says we are loosing benefits effective 4/30/2016?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
Hi...So sorry, but the change in strategies that was disallowed really only applied those JUST signing up....And possibly for a couple between full retirement age of 66 and and age 70 do somethings differently....But for you to have waited UNTIL age 70 (GrEAT job by the way) you've done all you can do....There is one primary difference between the old and the new rules: if someone suspends under the new rules, the spouse will be ineligible to claim spousal benefits while your benefit is in suspense....Under the old rules if someone suspended,, while their benefit was in suspense, spouses and other auxiliaries could still collect benefits based on the other other spouses work record....I'll attach a chart that provides a good overview, but after age 70 there's nothing that be done've already GOTTEN that 8% benefit growth per waiting until age 70. Again, excellent job!...
Expert:  Lane replied 6 months ago.
I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work until you have rated in this way....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986