dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I did not pay my employee social security taxes from 2009

Customer Question

I did not pay my employee social security taxes from 2009 till 2011, I with held but paid him the amount supposing lay with held we have no written records , he has not filed his income taxes during that time period what can he do or what are my options
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. You withheld your employee's social security taxes but did not pay them, or your share of the taxes, into the IRS? Is that what you are saying?2. Did you give the money you withheld back to the employee or did you keep it?3. You say he has not filed his taxes. How is that important to your question here?Thanks in advance,Doug