dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I am 67 in years old and receiving social security. Do I qualify

Customer Question

I am 67 in years old and receiving social security. Do I qualify for any of the loopholes in the system that closes at the end of the month? If so what do I ask for when contracting social security?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you are at full retirement and already collecting your benefits, the changes will not affect you. The changes affects spousal benefits (spouse who wants to apply at 62) and file and suspend strategy (you file your benefits, suspend it and let your spouse claim yours). I wouldn't call them a loopholes, those are legitimate programs that ends at the end of the month. Here's an article that describe the changes in more details with tables who is and who isn't affected by the change.