Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

We have been married 20 years, already file

Customer Question

We have been married for over 20 years, already file for social security and heard there was a pay difference for couples married over 10 years. Can we still apply for and get this particular pay increase if we apply before April 29th?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply. This is actually a false proposition put out on the internet by some scamsters seeking to sell a fake book / article. There is no pay difference for couples married over 10 years The only thing changing on 5/1 is that anyone who wishes to, and is eligible to, stop/suspend their own benefit, will effectuate a blank suspension of all benefits stemming from his/her work record, being paid to any dependents, including spousal taking a spousal benefit or a child getting a child's benefit.There is no added benefits at all, only eliminated benefits.Fortunately, it does not appear that anything will be taken from you either, assuming you are collecting on your own record or collecting on a spouse's record and that spouse has no intentions of halting his/her own benefits.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!