Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have a payment plan set up owed. I have had this

Customer Question

I have a payment plan set up for taxes owed. I have had this for the past 3 years and have been paying as asked. Now I am on social security. Can the irs garnish my ss check also?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is Stephanie Joy and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Yes, the IRS can garnish your Social Security. However, it does not tend to do so if the beneficiary, like you, is paying reliably on the payment plan. So I suggest you continue doing as you have been and it will be less likely that there will be any changes with regard to your SS.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, Stephanie O Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!