dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

1.) Is this true? if you are 62 or over, SS recipent, own your

Customer Question

1.) Is this true? if you are 62 or over, SS recipent, own your home outright, plan to live there the rest of your life, you possible can receive from $575 to $2200 a month added to your Social Security Benefits?
2.) Is it true? When you reach 70 or more, you can refile for Social Security benefits to receive additional benefits?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. The answer is no and no. 1. Ownership of your home has nothing to do with your social security benefits. What you probably heard is reverse mortgage. You can get monthly check by slowly "selling" your home back to the bank. Instead of selling your home and get the proceeds you are getting cash against the equity. 2. If you wait until 70, you can get additional social security benefits. But you have to wait until than or apply at 65 and suspend your benefits (not collecting it) to get most of your social security benefits.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?