LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Do I qualify I have osteo arthritis moderate

Customer Question

Do I qualify for disability I have osteo arthritis moderate to severe degenerative disc disease ,muliti level spinal and neural foraminal canal stenoses , post herpetic neuroaglia in head,told I have fibromiagia,that is just head and neck with my whole body having pain have not had back hips or knees checked yet and I take Paxil for anxiety since my daughter died 2 and half years ago I need to quite working im in a lot of pain?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Nila,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Social security disability eligibility is not based on the diagnosis of the medical issue you have, but instead it is based on the effect the disease process has on you. Many, many people with arthritis---both osteo and rheumatoid, qualify for SSDI every year. Ultimately, it is a physician that make the disability determination and so I encourage you to speak with your primary physician and/or your Rheumatologist and get their opinion. Their medical records will play a big part in whether you ultimately qualify for SSDI. Social Security's definition of disability is as follows:"Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. They consider you disabled under Social Security rules if: You cannot do work that you did before; Social Security decides that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); andYour disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death. Here is a link where you can apply online for your benefit: Your benefit will be about the same as your full retirement age retirement benefit. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug