Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.

I am the POA gentlemen, who has Alzheimer's and was just

Customer Question

I am the POA for a gentlemen, who has Alzheimer's and was just moved into an assisted living situation. I cannot find his Social
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Security 1099 for years 2013, 2014 and 2015. What can I do to get a copy of them?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Retirement Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so. I am just trying very hard to get all the paperwork so that I can apply for him to have MA
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 6 months ago.
You're going to have to write to Social Security or go to a Social Security office to see if your POA is adequate to receive the information, or adequate to sign his name a form to allow you to receive the information. This cannot be done over the phone. If he had already set up a "mySocialSecurity" account, the POA is probably adequate for you to use it to pick up or request the information online , but I'm almost certain the POA is not adequate for you to set up a "mySocialSecurity" account I wish I had better news for you.