ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My husband died 3 years ago I am 47 and diagnosed with Parkinsons

Customer Question

My husband died 3 years ago I am 47 and diagnosed with Parkinsons I am still trying to work but as the disease progresses, I am having a difficult time with motor movements and work in a hospital that requires walking and draw arterial blood gases that require fine motor movement and worried about losing job due to not being able to perform job duties.When can I start drawing on my dead husbands social security for income?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
At age 50 if you are considered disabled. Otherwise, at age 60. For more information, click on the link below: https://www.ssa.gov/planners/survivors/onyourown2.html Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 11 months ago.
That is something (if you apply) is what you should start taking NOW (as disability). I'll offer you a call to discuss what to do until you turn 50.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 11 months ago.
Hi