Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I WANT TO HAVE MY WIFE FILE BENIFITS " FILE AND SUSPEND"

Customer Question

I WANT TO HAVE MY WIFE FILE FOR SS BENIFITS " FILE AND SUSPEND" THEN REQUEST SPOUSAL BENIFITS. SHE WAS BORN 8-3-52. I AM CURRENTLY RECEIVING SS BENIFITS. I FILED AND RECEIVED BENIFITS WHEN I WAS 62. I WILL BE 69 ON 8-5-47. I WAS JUST TOLD BY A SS PHONE REPRESENATIVE THAT TO DO WAHT I WANT BOTH WIFE AND HUSBAND HAS TO BE 66 OR OLDER. IS THAT CORRECT. I RECEIVE $1503 / MONTH. MY WIFE WOULD RECEIVE $241 / MO. IF SHE FILED TODAY. MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT SHE COULD RECEIVE 50% OF MY BENIFITS $1503/2 = $751.50 I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THE NEW CHANGES COMING SOON. ***** ***** (###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The information that you received from Social Security Administration is correct. In order for her to file and suspend and receive only spousal benefits, she must be at her full retirement retirement age, which is 66. For more information, click on the link below: http://www.today.com/money/social-security-tips-when-use-restricted-application-t32166 Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fantastic job. not the information I wanted but I am sure you are correct.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day,