dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

I get a pension from the office of personal management ( retired

Customer Question

I get a pension from the office of personal management ( retired from post office was FERS ) I get a 1099r with the amount , is that considered wages earned against my S S payment to be drawn each month ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good evening Michael,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Are you asking whether your FERS pension is deemed active income which can effect your qualification for an early social security retirement benefit?2. Or, are you inquiring as to the taxability of your social security retirement benefit?Doug