Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

A little over 2 months ago I changed my bank from Rabobank

Customer Question

A little over 2 months ago I changed my bank from Rabobank in Grover City, Ca. 93433 to Bank of America in Arroyo Grande, Ca. 93420. I had my Social Security direct deposit checks changed over and at the time I requested that the same be done to my SSI but it wasn't and my old bank is still receiving my checks on my account that I no longer have there. How do I get my checks changed?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.If you have a mySocial Security account, you should be able to change it there, although if you changed your SS benefits that should have changed your SSI as well. Just sign in to your "my social security" account (link: . Here are the 3 ways to get it changed:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, you can ;Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; orCalling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces and numbers from 1 through 5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will only ensure that I am compensated by the site for my time.