LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I usually receive my ss check the 3rd Friday of the month but

Customer Question

I usually receive my ss check the 3rd Friday of the month but have not received it. I am located in Dayton, Ohio. I need assistance. Check was to be received April 16th.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What date of your birthday month does your birthday fall on? (Social Security does not make benefit deposits on Fridays.)Doug
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
January 27 // checks are usually deposited in my account at my credit union on Saturday
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good evening, Give your date of birth---the 27th of the month, your social security benefit payment is provided to the bank (whether they credit you on that date or not) on the 4th Wednesday of every month. So your social security deposit will not be made by social security until Wednesday, April 27, 2016. If your bank holds your deposit for 2 days before crediting your account, then quite frankly, I would dump the credit union, and transfer the deposit to another bank. No bank I have ever heard of pulls this stunt and they are just stealing 2 or 3 days of "float" from you. That is pathetic on their part, and they should be ashamed! You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug