LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am 81 years old and worked At various places paying social

Customer Question

I am 81 years old and worked At various places paying social taxes Having worked at A7P PLANT in Horseheads N.Y. , worked at Three Rivers ( Absolute Care Facility at
Gang Mills N.Y,, worked for Gee's Notary Service, Lawrenceville, PA. and Retired from Chit Chat Drug & Alcohol Treatment Facility at Westfield, PA. I have been receiving Social Security Benefits on my husband's income since he retired. My income now is $502 per month. My question is:Is there any way I could receive more Social Security
Income per month?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. What is it that I can assist you in learning or understanding?Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon Patricia, Given all the employers that you worked for over the years, it seems very likely that you would be better off applying for a retirement based on your own work record as opposed to continuing to take a spouse benefit. Contact social security and ask them to check to see if you could collect more month by switching from the spouse benefit you presently receive to your own retirement benefit. You may do this by calling social security at 1-***-***-****, or by going to your local social security office. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug