Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

After retiring and collecting social security can I put money

Customer Question

after retiring and collecting social security can I put money into the system in order get
the benefit now I would have gotten had I continued to work?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.Unfortunately, no, social security does not allow you to buy credits. You must work and pay into the system through wages in order to increase your benefit. That is the only way and Social Security does not have the ability to allow you to purchase increased benefits. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?