dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice

An elderly housebound friend of mine just told me today her

Customer Question

An elderly housebound friend of mine just told me today her ss payment was not deposited into her bank checking account. She called the bank, and they told her it was not there and they could not help her. She tried calling the local SS office in Burlington Iowa, however they no longer have a local number. She then tried SS 800 number, and received a recording directing her to call back another day at another time. Her rent is due soon, she has no savings, no bank account balance and no food in the house. Where and how should we proceed...
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good evening,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Which Wednesday of the month is her deposit normally made? If you don't know that what date of the month does her birthday fall on and when did she first begin to receive a benefit? I am trying to determine whether her payment is actually late before going into how to deal with what is a rare, lost deposit.Doug