Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I currently have Social Security benefits. I keep hearing

Customer Question

I currently have Social Security benefits. I keep hearing and am told that there are many other benefits for which I may qualify. I am a 79 year young senior. I tried to apply for disability benefits, etc. but was told that I do not qualify for anything. I am diabetic, have an S shaped spine with stenosis and four fractured discs at the waistline. I have stenosis in the left side of my neck. I am somewhat limited with a total reverse shoulder replacement in my right shoulder. I cannot remember tinghe last time I went to a dentist. I am paying a fortune for insurance and trying to pay for a home There is no money for upkeep on my home, travel, vacations, or things of that nature which I hear from other seniors that they have been enjoying.
Is there any resource or resources where I can get help? I get emails constantly saying that I need to apply for moneys that are available even if you are not disabled. The government is going to take the money away at the end of April. NO one will tell me if I qualify or if there is any help available for someone in my situation.
Can you help?
Beverly Lassiter *****
Holly Springs, NC 27540
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. You can be eligible for supplemental social security benefits (SSI) if you are over age 65, disabled or blind and has limited income and limited resources. See link: SSI limits for resources are $2000 for individuals and $3000 for couples. Resources, for the purposes of SSI, are things you own such as:cash;bank accounts, stocks, U.S. savings bonds;land;vehicles;personal property;life insurance; andanything else you own that could be converted to cash and used for food or shelter. Too see if you are eligible follow the link: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?