LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Iam a senior 74 on a non taxable disability check monthly...nothing

Customer Question

Iam a senior 74 on a non taxable disability check monthly...nothing to claim so wonder if I still need to file???thanks for your answer.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon Roseann,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Whether you must file a tax return depends on the amount of your annual income. The threshold at which a single person must file a tax return is $10,300 ($11,850 if you are over 65), and so if you earned less than that amount then no, you do not need to file a tax return for tax year 2015.Even though your income may not be taxable, if that income is above the threshold, then you still have to file---but there will simply be no taxes to pay. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug