Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I am 68 yrs old and thinking about drawing social security.

Customer Question

i am 68 yrs old and thinking about drawing social security. if i wait until 70 yrs of age it would bring in 250.00 more. i can draw 1700.00 minus taxes. since i am self employed i have paid into it with my net income. would you suggest i draw now or later
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. That should be a decision based on you economic need, health and how long you think you will live. If you are healthy and do not have a great financial need, then I normally say just wait and get a larger benefit. There are many factors that you should consider that I do not have access to, so if you think you will live along life then it is probably best to wait and if you have a family history of earlier deaths and believe you might not live to an older age, then it might be best to take your benefit now. I think need is the primary factor here. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?