LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Can I find out if my husband is collecting social security

Customer Question

Can I find out if my husband is collecting social security benefits? I believe his is collecting and has not told me.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good morning Yolanda,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. The only way to know if your husband has applied for social security benefits would be to apply for a spouse benefit of your own based on his work record. If he is receiving his benefit now, then you will be granted a spouse benefit if you are at least 62. If he is not collecting his benefit yet, then social security will tell you that you are not eligible for the benefit because he is not collecting his benefit yet. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug