LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I havent gotten my benefits since January. My old

Customer Question

Hello:
I havent gotten my benefits since January. My old accts are at Whitney Bank: (1)###-##-####AND ANOTHER OLD:(###) ###-#### ***** new acct is Rte:###-##-####Acct:(###) ###-####. I'm starving to death. Plz send my money to my new acct. Thank you kindly, Anna M Piazza / 225 (###) ###-####/***@******.*** / or***@******.***
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good evening Anna,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. You appear to think that you have contacted the social security administration. You have not reached the social security administration, but instead you have contacted the site JustAnswer. I help people like you understand social security rules and regulations but I do not work for Social Security and I cannot process the change of accounts that you need. If you cannot get out of your home because of your medical condition, then there are two other ways to notify social security that you have a new bank account. Let me explain. If you have not yet notified social security if your new bank account you must do so immediately. And if you believe you have notified them---chances are extremely high that you provided a mistaken routing number for the new account. If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account,you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ If you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug