Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

My husband is preparing to retire in January 2017. He will

Customer Question

My husband is preparing to retire in January 2017. He will be 70 on Dec 21, 2016. What do I need to do to activate my medical benefits and what do I have do do to get him started on Social Security and Medicare. Would it be beneficial for him to retire before the end of the year?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. Mandatory retirement age is age 70.5. From age 66, your husband has been earning an 8% credit per year for each year of delay. His benefit will be the highest benefit possible under his circumstances. He will have gained 32% if he retires at mandatory retirement age. He will sign up either in person or online for both SS and Medicare: https://secure.ssa.gov/iClaim/rib Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?