Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Can my wife take spousal benefits if I've filed and suspended

Customer Question

Can my wife take spousal benefits if I've filed and suspended my social security? I am 67 years old and still employed, and my wife is 64 and working part time.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
No, your spouse can not file for restricted spousal benefits--for spousal benefits only if she has not reached her Full Retirement Age. Generally this is now age 66 or 67. For usual article on the restricted spousal application, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.