dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My wife and I were both born in 1952. She has mostly been a

Customer Question

My wife and I were both born in 1952. She has mostly been a stay at home mom and has minimal income over the last 10 years. I read something that we should get divorced 2 years before full retirement age ( I guess that's 67) and then remarry at 70.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Is there something I need to do before the end of April?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Why do you believe you will benefit by a divorce and then a remarriage? 2. What are you trying to accomplish?Doug