Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am 66 years old & my husband is 65. We are both working full

Customer Question

I am 66 years old & my husband is 65. We are both working full time. We were planing on me file & suspend now & in September my husband will be 66 & claim off my social security. With the change of laws going into effect April 29 will this be possible?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Yes, it is still possible. However, you need to file and suspend before April 30, 2016. Your husband would then file for restricted spousal benefits in September. For more information, click on the links below: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.