Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

Help! My father passed away on Dec. 30, 2015 at age 93.

Customer Question

Help!
My father passed away on Dec. 30, 2015 at age 93. I'm his son and Trustee of his estate. I'm attempting to complete his 2015 tax return. As he moved from nursing home to nursing home in 2015 I never received a Form SSA-1099 for him. How can I obtain this information to complete his tax return. I can provide any and all information substantiating that I'm the Trustee. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
My Dad:
Bernard J. Coleman *****
Braintree, MA###-##-####
SSN:###-##-####
Me:
John B. Coleman *****
Downers Grove, IL 60516 ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The easiest way to get it as quickly, is to get it online and you can download it immediately instead of waiting for other methods. It is very easy if you have set up a "mySocial Security account". link: https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do As the executor of the estate, you will need to provide SSA with a court order appointing you as the executor of the estate and then you will be able to request the 1099 in his name.(1) Using his online"my Social Security account". If he didn't already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or(3) Contacting your local Social Security office. Link: https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you you have any further questions?