Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Can you call me or can I call you what is the cost<

Customer Question

can you call me or can I call you what is the cost<
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.
You can ask your question here. Attorney phone consult is quite a bit more, so perhaps you can avoid that by asking here and getting answer here.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get my last response. It said alot and I don't won't to repeat typing it unless you need me too.
Ah, thank you! I didn't know this was you. OK, I found your last response with new questions: "No own work earned in my lifetime. I am 61. I have bipolar disorder and have had it since I was 18. I usually don't tell people that because of the stigma associated with it. --- I understand."Also to be fully honest and I trust you to help me even if my record is expunged as much as possible is the fact that I spent 18 years in prison. ------ I am so sorry for your life's difficulties."I sometime feel that it was easier in prison than the free world because decisions were all made for you. My father was dentist and he would not help me when I was with my ex husband -------- How long was this marriage? Is he still alive???who committed the crime while I sat in the car while he went in and hit the man over the head with a tire wrench. I went in and tried to put a towel on his head he only had 55.00. I made us turn ourselves in and I went manic and they said that I was the mastermind behind the whole thing. That was 12 years ago. I try to keep it in the past. ------- I understand. I am so sorry."I was awarded SSI after I got out. And I married He gets the 192.00 because of me and I get 192.00 that he is the payee of. ---- OK. "Right now I have access to all funds in the banking account. I am not liable for any of his bills or loans that are out there that he might have gone and got. I know that he has a title loan out there and if they can get the truck to start they can have it. I can't drive it anyway. Included in the house escrow is allstate house insurance but I don't know what the deductible is. ------- Are you thinking that you can reduce your HO insurance but increasing the deductible.?"There is a nursing home that is affiliated with some apartments. I have called and called. left message and my sister took me by there to get an application but no one was there. What are your thoughts? ------ What is your goal? To have an apt right near your husband? Is he terminal? Or expected to recover/survive?"Right now I have paid the mortgage and utilities for the month of April. ------ Great. Are you "under water"? OR, is your outstanding mortgage less than what you owe on it?"I have food and nessescities. I am just trying to take steps toward what I can do for my future. ------- Good lady! Smart."Right now he is in the hospital and will be there atleast two weeks. I am trying to know what I must do to take care of myself.------- How old is he? He is retired? Or on disability? If he is coming home, won't you be surviving just as you have been? So what change are you concerned with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The medical case worker said that he will be going to a nursing home and they will get his benefits. Okay, there is no equity in the house and we are on a payment plan for a time that we could not make the mortgage. Repayment plan the original payment a month is 396.00 but the last payment I paid was 486.00. I can not maintain the house and the lawn. It can go back to the bank.I talk to SSA and they are going to try to work up a new living situation. I will be consider like single and get the max amount around 735.00 a month from SSI and medicaid. I paid a 17.00 fee for application for a apartment that is affiliated with the nursing home. This is good news, it is in the process and will take a little while for the paper work to go through. Joseph has a long long recovery. He is still on a feeding tube. I can not take care of him.I am looking at living independantly as much as possible. God has not brought me this far to just drop me. He is own myself and I have to do my part.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 7 months ago.
"The medical case worker said that he will be going to a nursing home and they will get his benefits. --- Yes, that may be typical. His health insurance will pay where applicable and of course any income he personally has, he can use to pay for his 'keep'. "Okay, there is no equity in the house and we are on a payment plan for a time that we could not make the mortgage. --- Have you thought of bringing in housemate so you get keep that asset."Repayment plan the original payment a month is 396.00 but the last payment I paid was 486.00. I can not maintain the house and the lawn. It can go back to the bank. ------- REnt may be higher than that, no? What if you rent out a room + util for $500/mo? "I talk to SSA and they are going to try to work up a new living situation. I will be consider like single and get the max amount around 735.00 a month from SSI and medicaid. ------ Yes, see above, as I described. "I paid a 17.00 fee for application for a apartment that is affiliated with the nursing home. This is good news, it is in the process and will take a little while for the paper work to go through. --- Why are you choosing next to the nursing home? Will you be spending your days tied to it? "Joseph has a long long recovery. He is still on a feeding tube. I can not take care of him.I am looking at living independantly as much as possible. God has not brought me this far to just drop me. He is own myself and I have to do my part." ------- That is right, and you can do amazing things!
Urgent! There is just one more step needed, so thank you for finishing up! Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being. If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here! Sincerely,Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. &ndash; Your Online Legal Professional