Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am72 years old. My second husband,it will be seven years in May that

Customer Question

I am72 years old. My second husband,it will be seven years in May that he has passed away. my first husband is still living.We were married over 20 years. I am recieiving my second husband's social security. My question is, am I entitled to my first husband's social security instead of my second.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.
At what age did you remarry?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
45 years old
Thank you for the information. Your Question: My question is, am I entitled to my first husband's social security instead of my second. Response: No. Since your second husband has passed, you are entitled to receive benefits under your ex-husband's earnings or your late husband's earnings. You have to choose which one to receive benefits under. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Since there is a 7 day free trial please cancel me at once. I hope I don't see this on my credit card.