Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I am 64 and my wife is 65, We both had to start our social

Customer Question

I am 64 and my wife is 65, We both had to start our social security at 62 due to medical situations..
My wife turns 66 in December.
I am back working at a good job does it make sense for me to suspend ss paymnets and restart at 70.
Would it make sense for my wife to suspend payments also?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. This cannot be done for a multiple number of reasons. First, you cannot file and suspend unless you are at full retirement age (age 66) and it goes away on May 1, so this is not an option to you. Second, you have already elected to take your benefit at early retirement so these options are not available to you by rule. This is true for your wife as well unfortunately. So to answer your question, no this cannot be done. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?