LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

What is the senior homeowners reward program? I am 63 years

Customer Question

What is the senior homeowners reward program? I am 63 years old later this month, own our home free and clear, and have lived in it 26+ years.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am wondering how to qualify for the senior homeowners reward program?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Social Security Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Social security has no programs by that name, nor does social security have any programs to assist seniors with housing costs or payment of bills aside from medical expenses submitted through the Medicare system. Social security pays retirement benefits, survivor benefits, disability benefits and Medicare benefits only. I have never heard of such a program---but that does not mean that one may not exist locally to you or even in your home state. However, I would not have knowledge of any local program. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm not sure why it cost me $32 to find out you are not familiar with the program I asked about.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
I am not familiar with the program you mention because it simply does not exist in the social security administration system. Where did you see this program mentioned? What can you tell me about it? What state are you in? When I mention a state or local program I mean something like the program in Alaska known as the Senior Benefits Program. The Alaska Senior Benefits Program pays cash benefits to Alaskan seniors who are age 65 or older and have low to moderate income. Cash payments are $47, $175, or $250 each month depending on income. Doug
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I goggles senior homeowners reward program and it sent me to this Web site for answers but you have no knowledge of the program. Not satisfied with paying for no information.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
Hi, How would I have knowledge of a program if it does not exist? Your search engine sent you to this site because I answered a similar question for another senior in the past. With that person as well I had to tell them that no such program existed in the social security system. Just because something is mentioned on the interned does not mean that it exists.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The fact still remains that the search engine referred me to you for an answer about a program that you have no knowledge of. I'm sorry that this expert answer is not satisfactory.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.Doug