LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

I am 63, female, and planning to retire soon. How can I find

Customer Question

I am 63, female, and planning to retire soon. How can I find out how much my SS benefits will be? my ssn is###-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Marlene,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Only social security can tell you what your estimated retirement benefit will be. If the site you referred to as the one you contacted was the social security site---then you will need to call social security to re-set your password ***** security questions.1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: 2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request that they mail you an earnings statement with your estimated benefit.3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug