Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Im 65 and on disability ss my wife will be 62 in aug of this

Customer Question

im 65 and on disability ss my wife will be 62 in aug of this year how much she get for ss
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.
Hi Darrel, Your spouse, if otherwise eligible, at the age of 62, can start collecting retirement - either the amount on her own record, or a spousal amount if that one is bigger. If she DOES decide to collect early (before her FRA), her own benefit amount will be reduced by about 30%. And, the same is true of her spousal amount. But if she waits til her FRA (66+), she can collect 100%+ of her own or 50% of your primary insurance amount as her spousal, whichever is higher.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!