LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Martha,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I can of course help you, but in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Are you asking for the document that tells you what you will get in social security benefits for 2016, or the tax form that tells you what you received in 2015?Doug
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need the form that tells what I received in 2015 Looks like it is form ssa1099
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thanks for the clarification. There are three ways for you to get a duplicate SSA-1099---the tax document you need to file your taxes. I will explain all three methods---but getting one online can be done in about 15 minutes if you follow my instructions. If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement,estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab.2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug