dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I was arrested in Alabama a Social Security Card

Customer Question

I was arrested in Alabama for having a Social Security Card that was not real. I paid a broker in Georgia to apply for a new Social Security number for me and after 4 weeks they came to me with a new Social Security Card with new number. Card was linked to my name with Equafax so I thought it was real. I went to change Social Security number on Drivers license and was told the Social Security Card was not real. What can I do?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Expert_James replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James. I will be assisting you. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please view this as a casual conversation. We will chat back and forth until I have all of the necessary information I need to give you a thorough answer. Once you have received your answer, you will be asked to rate my customer service. This is very important. I do not get a salary here. Your rating is the only way I get credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces. Also, if you want me to be your personal Expert, just write FOR JAMES at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert. If you understand that, please answer the following: Is this an immigration question?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not an immigration question
OK, well this is the immigration topic area. So I have to send this to the right topic area for you. Please be patient and do not respond, as this will only delay the transfer.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. You cannot purchase or get REAL social security number and card through a broker. The only way to get REAL social security number is ***** go your local social security office and apply for it like everybody else.