Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I retired from teaching in N C at age 51 with 30 years service.

Customer Question

I retired from teaching in N C at age 51 with 30 years service. I chose social security leveling. I will turn 62 in Sept. 2016 and plan to sign up for social security. How does this work? Do I need to talk to social security or state of N C. Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. If you paid into social security, you would not be subject to any reduction for another pension and you would sign up with SSA. See link: You can sign up online and this link will get you started. It is not too difficult of a process. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.