Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If both spouses receive social security income in texas do

Customer Question

if both spouses receive social security income in texas do they have to file federal taxes married filing joing? can they file married filing separate. it is a 3 marriage and there is a marriage agreement that keeps everything separate.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.
if both spouses receive social security income in texas do they have to file federal taxes married filing joing? Response 1: No, they do not have to. can they file married filing separate. it is a 3 marriage and there is a marriage agreement that keeps everything separate. Response 2: Yes, they can. It is their choice which way to file. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.