Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I am eligible Security, but still work full time

Customer Question

I am eligible for Social Security, but still work full time and do not want to take Medicare. I would like to keep my employer coverage. Can I sign up online and still keep my health coverage and not take Medicare?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Whether or not you can delay in enrolling in Medicare would depend on your employer. If your employer does not require you to sign up for Medicare, then you can sign up for Medicare later without paying the late enrollment penalty. Otherwise, if you sign up later, you would be subject to late enrollment penalty. So, you need to find out from your Human Resources department whether you are required to sign up for Medicare. For more information, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.