Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How can I obtain my husband social security number since we

Customer Question

How can I obtain my husband social security number since we are separated and going thru a divorce
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need it to file for my federal income taxes
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.
If you have filed for tax returns jointly before, you can get the number from the copies of previous returns. You can check your insurance documents such as your homeowner's insurance policy, auto insurance policy, or health insurance policy for the number. You can also check the bills that you receive from your health care providers. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The issue is we never filed jointly we were only married 6 months
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
And he had everything separate under his name and never would give up any information to me
If you are going through divorce, his Social Security number would be on Financial Statement forms both of you are required to filed with the Court and a copy given to you and him. So, you need to check those documents if they have been filed and you have copies.