Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am 70 and still working. My spouse and I have been married

Customer Question

I am 70 and still working. My spouse and I have been married over 10 years and she is 56. My wife is retired with a small pension. I have been collecting Social Security for 3 years. Are we eligible for this restricted benefit? How do we take advantage of it?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Unfortunately, no. Restricted spousal application is unavailable to her under current law because: 1) She did not turn 62 before the end of 2015 and2) Aside from those that turned 'of age' by end of 2015, Restricted applications are now eliminated for everyone.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!
As an additional - retricteds in the past were only available for those once they turned their FRA and were otherwise eligible.