Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

When you reach age 66 and social security benefit switches

Customer Question

When you reach age 66 and social security benefit switches from Social security disability to regular Social security payments do you lose a month benefit
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.As long as you remain disabled, no you will not. The amount you receive up to your normal retirement benefit will be paid by SSI and any amount over that amount will be continued to be paid by SSDI. Thus you will not lose any benefits as long as you continue to meet the requirements of SSDI.Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.