Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I received my next door neighbors From SSA-1099. Didnot notice

Customer Question

I received my next door neighbors From SSA-1099. Didnot notice since his name is ***** ***** The CPA doing my taxes noticed and just advised. None of may neighbors received mine. How do I get a replacement fast? Can it be emailed to me? My name is***** and my SSN should be on file.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. The only way to get it as quick as you need is to get it online and you can download it immediately instead of waiting for the mail. It is very easy if you have set up a "mySocial Security account". link: you want is most likely a 1099 and not a W2. The last two ways will probably not be quick enough unless you can set up a meeting before your taxes are do at your local social security office (it depends on how busy the branch is).If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:(1) Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;(2) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or(3) Contacting your local Social Security office. Link: Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?