Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney

I am 63 years old and have been diagnosed with Parkinson's

Customer Question

I am 63 years old and have been diagnosed with Parkinson's Can you tell me how much I could draw from ss and if I want to continue to work part time how much money can I make before it effects my ss benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply. Have you reviewed your estimated primary insurance amount lately? If so, what is that amount at age 66? If not, do you need directions on how to access your information?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I receive a letter each year if you would like the amount on that. I'm having difficulty getting in line with ssa
Yes, that would be great. Get the one from this year or last - and look for the amount at age 66 please.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
New expert here. My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. As to the work, you would be subject to the earned income penalty before full retirement age. You will be penalized $1 for every $2 earned over $15,720. So if you earn significant income in this part time job, it can really eat into your benefit. As to your SS benefit, that is impossible for me to know, but SSA takes in to account your top 35 years of income earned for your total benefit. You should contact SSA and they can give you your estimated benefit. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.