Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.

My name is***** I'd like to find out if I

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** I'd like to find out if I am qualified for the additional money given out by ss. I have unitil April 39, 2016 to file for benefits.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply. Unfortunately, it is a 'scam' out there that is telling people that there is "additional money" from SS. The new law has actually eliminated certain filings for certain benefits for some people - it has NOT added any new benefits. That said, if you answer a few questions, I can tell you if you need to and CAN do something before end of April 2016 to ensure nothing you already could file for, is not going to pass you by. If you would like me to do that, please tell me: 1) your age2) are you collecting social security benefits on your own work record? Or are you collecting on a spouse's record?3) is anyone collecting a spousal benefit or a child's benefit based on YOUR work record?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1. 74
2. My own work record.
3. No.
Hi Lucia,OK,fortunately, you are NOT effected by this law. It does not reduce or eliminate benefits for those collecting on their own records, and the 4/30/2016 deadline only concerns issues for those between 66 and 70. As such, you don't have to do anything to continue receiving you benefits.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!