annelew12554
annelew12554, Social Security
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
5242771

My mother did not get her check in november, we went down to

Customer Question

My mother did not get her check in november, we went down to social security office, that said it was sent to a bank we never heard of, we have direct deposit, and for years had same bank. They were the ones who sent to wrong bank, said it looks like fraud and with take 3 to 4 weeks! We called January, said it will be there, 2 weeks, than called February, the called February, anser was, oh its fraud and we are working on it. Called March, said its Fraud and we are working on it. Now, it is April, no check.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
You need to go to the local office of the Social Security Administration in order to get this issue resolved. If possible, ask to speak with the supervisor. Calling on the phone is generally not helpful. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi you wanted more details. My mother gets her social security direct deposit on the 3rd of each month. WE never have a problem with receiving every 3rd day of the month. So, at the end of November we did not get November 3rd direct deposit. December we went with my mother and they said it was fraud, they took a copy of her check to reestablish her direct depost. Since that all check are coming in, except November 3rd, that first said when called it will be deposit couple weeks more. Call again said its fraud and still working on it. Again, we did go to the office and spoke to supervisor. Now my mom is to ailing and not able to go to office again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi did you get more details on my first question? I did not here from you, your response.
I have nothing else to add based on the information that you provided. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 7 months ago.
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. I am genuinely sorry for all of the problems your Mom has been going through due to someone committing fraud. There is a number you can call,(###) ###-#### ***** I would start there. You said your Mom was now ailing, so it might be better if you talk to them (you'll have to have her near the phone so she can give you permission to speak on her behalf) If they tell you it's fraud and they're still investigating it, ask them who you need to talk to to get her payment of that one month. Do you know if they filled out a report on her behalf? See below:https://www.ssa.gov/fraudreport/oig/public_fraud_reporting/form.htm This is one of the few times it's nice to have so many forms........they're trackable......I'd specifically ask where that report is in their system (and I'd ask the people at the 800 # ***** than at your local SSA. I think you need new eyes on this to resolve it) You might also contact the bank that received the money via fraud, and see if they're willing to do anything. They may not be able to do anything, but they may have additional information re: fraud and another phone # ***** can call. Here is the Social Security's statement re: fraud. It at least has a name (and is where I got the phone # ***** posted above)https://www.ssa.gov/antifraudfacts/message.html Again, they do require a form to be filled out, and they should be able to track that form. I sincerely ***** ***** one of these avenues will open up a path and get her her check. It's GREAT that you caught it so early, and only one month was affected, but she's still entitled to that month's payment. If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer.